Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mighty Bug Killer!

     I have a strong aversion to insects in general (arachnids in particular). Bugs tend to enjoy crawling on, flying into (beetles get stuck in my hair this time of year), stinging, sucking on (some days I have more mosquito saliva than blood coursing through my veins), and terrifying me. The sight, sound or touch of these creatures can render me an instant screaming ninja!

     As I was enjoying the season finale of a favorite TV show, something was CRAWLING on the wall beside the television! Eeeeek! If you have more than four legs you are not welcome in my home! I shrieked and tried to become one with the couch. My big bad German Shepherd looked up at me and yawned. A big, wide, gaping yawn that was timed to perfectly coincide with her dramatic stretch that flopped her onto her other side, facing away from me. So much for heroics there.

     I would like to consider myself a peaceful person. I really would be an awful contract killer. Luckily, Brutus Paul is a Stripey Superhero! His main superpower is holding down the couch (I mean really, if he didn't lay on it ALL DAY, it might just fly away or get stolen or something...). But luckily for me, he is also a systematic bug destroyer. The sound of Mommy's squeals or sight of me darting away brings Brutus running to the rescue!

     Alas, tonight my Striped Assassin was unavailable. He had already gone to bed and was closed in another room (doorknobs are tricky without thumbs I hear). My sweet Matthew stumbled out of bed and dispatched the horrifying monstrosity! I am not sure if it was a centipede or a millipede, but it's gone now!

     Whew! Safe! Puppy cuddle time! (and a big hug and kiss for my fiance of course)

No comments:

Post a Comment