Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I do, dog


Look how cute I am Mom!


Wedding planning feels like it is eating a chunk out of my life the size of a full time job! With the event set less than 6 months from now, I have been struggling to negotiate all the many details involved with making the day an enjoyable experience for all who will be attending.

I camp out on the couch for most of my planning sessions, surrounded by various pamphlets, multiple notebooks, invitations, a calendar, my phone, and computer. Brutus now curls up in a ball on his end of the couch when he sees me assembling my pile of "Wedding stuff" and bringing it to the living room. He serves as a warm stripey table for my spiral ring binder that holds the master list of tasks accomplished. Grace lays patiently within sight.

The more websites I browse and phone calls I make, the higher my blood pressure rises. The more frazzled I get, the closer my Shepherd creeps...

BOOP! A cold wet nose gently inserts itself in my left ear, then withdraws. Brutus yawns and stretches. My notebook slides casually to slap the floor. Another Four-Pawed victory. It's time for a break! Outside to stretch and play fetch for a bit. My happy dogs keep ME happy!

When we are all relaxed again, and a little bit tired, we straggle back inside to the couch. I pull my tiara from the table and put it on Grace for fun. Ready to work again!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading! Please let me know if there is anything you would like to hear about in the future, or ways to improve your visit to my page. :)

      Delete