Thursday, April 26, 2012

Stealth Cleanse

     My fiance loves our dogs, but hates their hair!  The all-wood flooring in our house showcases the tumbleweed-like fluffs and random tufts waft in the hallway.
     One thing he absolutely forbid was bathing the dogs in the house.  He was certain it would make the house stink, and get water and more hair everywhere.  However, early in the morning he has to go to work. I do not.  Just me and the pups home alone... I have a game plan!
     A good brushing OUTSIDE removes most of the loose, dead undercoat in the back yard instead of the living room.  During the baths I have conditioned  dogs to stand still and be patient, so no splashing water outside of the tub!  I then took them back outside to be powerdried and brushed lightly again.
     When Matthew got home that evening, I waited until after HE took a shower to point out how soft and clean the doggies were. He had no idea I bathed them inside! My fur-babies never tattle on me, I always tell on myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment